Friday 18 October 2013

Draft Digipak




My first draft of my digipak is not how I originally planned my digipak. However due to work commitments and commitments of the actress we could to find a suitable time to take photos for the digipak. Therefore I used images I had taken during the planning and research task. The scenic pictures are pictures from different locations. The CD holder panel is a picture of a flower bed at one of our possible locations. The Picture of the actress was taken during our first filming session. The picture of the actress was originally used to show the hair and make up style of our actress. The Inside panel is a picture of one of the locations we used within our music video. Once again the picture of the actress was originally used to show the actress's hair and makeup. The back panel is again a picture of a possible location. However we did not use this location within the music video. The back panel shows Lana Del Rey's record label's logo. The front panel shows three pictures of our actress layered up on top of each other, then text blending into these images. 

I decided to do my digipak this way as even though the images are from my research and planning section of the task, I believe that these pictures fit in well with the genre of existing Lana Del Rey album covers. I also felt it was important that our actress was the main feature on the front cover, as it is often the artist's image which sells the product. This is because it is often the fact that consumers don't know the artist's name but they may recognize the artist's image. The fact that her image is central is also a selling fact as it will stand on shelves as customers can quickly identify the artist's album.

No comments:

Post a Comment